Sughrue has one of the largest full service trademark practices in the United States. On a daily basis our professionals counsel clients, handle trademark availability searches and opinions, file and prosecute trademark applications with the USPTO and abroad, maintain trademark registrations and portfolios, and enforce and defend our clients' trademark rights.
The Trademark Group's expertise includes specific knowledge of the laws and legal systems of other countries which are so important in developing strategies for branding, obtaining trademark protection, and enforcing and protecting trademarks and domain names in a global economy. Through our select network of international trademark colleagues we conduct clearance searches, file trademark applications and manage our clients' IP rights in every jurisdiction in the world.
Our clients represent small and large companies from diverse industries including consumer products, toys, apparel, food and beverage, automotive, publishing, entertainment and sports, computers, communications, pharmaceuticals and restaurant services.
Our Trademark Practice Group provides expertise in the following areas:
• Assist clients with clearance, selection and registration of marks in the United States and internationally.
• Copyright counseling, registration, assignments, and licensing.
• Create registration and enforcement strategies for global expansion of U. S. trademark portfolios.
• Develop brand guidelines to encourage proper trademark use.
• Due diligence reviews and assignments of rights.
• Expert testimony relating to trademark law and procedure in litigation.
• Internet matters including IP online rights and domain name disputes.
• Licensing of marks and related rights.
• Litigation involving trademark rights including Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR).
• Opposition and cancellation proceedings before the USPTO Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
• Trademark audits.
• Trademark portfolio management - U. S. and international.
• Trademark post registration maintenance and renewals.
• Trademark watching and policing of rights U. S. and internationally.