53rd Annual Conference on Intellectual Property Law
Institute for Law and Technology (ILT) of The Center for American and International Law
J. Warren Lytle, Jr. , Sughrue Mion, PLLC was a featured speaker at the 53rd Annual Conference on Intellectual Property Law on November 16 - 17, 2015 at The Center for American and International Law in Plano, Texas.
Jay Lytle spoke on the topic of Software Prosecution: Dealing with the Hard Realities of a Software Practice, Developing disclosures and draft software cases to be prepared for the future, managing patent office prosecution for software cases already filed, and answering the challenges of functional claiming..
The conference was co-chaired by Marc A. Hubbard of Hubbard Law, PLLC, Dallas, Texas and Steve Malin, Chen Malin LLP, Dallas, Texas.
Conference highlights will included:
• Annual patent, trademark and copyright law updates
• Deep dive track on hot issues in patent litigation
• Overcoming challenges in drafting and prosecuting patent applications on software inventions
• A half day on conducting PTAB trials
• Alice and the patent eligibility morass - How did we get here, how bad is it, and can we fix it?
• Recent developments in patent portfolio licensing models
• The new Texas Uniform Trade Secrets Act and pitfalls to avoid when hiring technology employees
• Introduction to the Texas Regional PTO Office